MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User sees Mod CP on some profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently Upgraded from 1.6.16 to 1.8.5 (2 days ago). 

Problem: Regular members see the Moderator CP on SOME users profiles (not all of them though).  When the user clicks the mod cp options, it tells them they do not have permission to access that, but they should not even be able to see this at all.  It's not happening on every profile though, so I'm not sure why it's happening inconsistently. 

So - Usergroup "Member" can see the ModCP options on the profiles of Users 1, 2, 15 (who all have varying usergroups), but can't see the mod CP on Users 3, 4, 16, etc etc. 

I have a suspicion it's related to the usergroup permission since this is only occurring on one usergroup viewing the profiles. But I have checked the group settings to make sure all the boxes for moderator CP and supermod are not checked. 

Suggestions? 

[attachment=35265] [attachment=35266] [attachment=35267] [attachment=35268]
Check whether your hosting company do server cache to your host
I apologize, but I'm not understanding what you're saying.

I'm not sure if it's a caching issue. I've cleared the caches via admin cp. As well - I was using a test clone of my board for over 30 days (meaning, I upgraded the clone over 30 days ago) and the clone is also showing this same issue. I could be wrong here, but I feel like if it were a simple cache issue, it would have cleared by now.
Do you see this happen on the default theme? Do you have any plugins that affect the profile? Do you have a lot of users connecting from a similar IP address (university campus or something?)
Did some more poking around after your last comment (checked out the plugins, etc). After looking around - I discovered it was a setting in the Purge Spammer settings. The Members group was selected as able to use Purge Spammer - which was allowing them to see the entire Mod CP options & Notes on the profile. No idea why it was showing up on some profiles and not others - but I've fixed it by removing the Members group permission from Purge Spammer.

Thank you for your help though!
Both your comments helped me look in a few new areas I wasn't checking before. 

Thanks!