MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oh Noes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL funny story was going to edit my admins permissions and accidently hit revoke next to my name. How can I restore it so I can accesse admin permissions.
Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms ='yes' WHERE uid='1'
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)
OK I am in it but where can I restore my admin permissions in SQL
Set everything to "Yes" in Admin Permissions now
Oh Noes Tikitki I met I was in SQL in my cpanel, I was wondering where I can find my account in there to un-revolk my name.
I guess you need to open up phpMyAdmin, browse to the mybb_adminoptions table (may have a different prefix), look for your user ID (should be "1") and set the field caneditaperms to Yes.
Easier to use the SQL statement if you know how.
MyHaloMovies Wrote:OK I am in it but where can I restore my admin permissions in SQL

Assuming your user ID was 1 (ie. the user who installed the board) and you've run the SQL code I posted above, you should be able to login to the Admin CP, go into the Admin Permissions section and restore all your other permissions.
can I have a little example of how to type in a query cause it is my first time.
With a keyboard?

Can you be a bit more specific?
DennisTT provided an example of how to execute a query in his first post...

DennisTT Wrote:Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms ='yes' WHERE uid='1'
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)
Pages: 1 2