MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invisible text when copying and pasting from one post to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a system on our website where to put in an application users copy from a stickied post and paste it into a new post of their own. However, when pasting the text becomes invisible. Highlighting all the text and clicking the "Disable formatting" button fixes it, however we can't have every user do this as it's an inconvenience. The thread in question is  http://www.theflyingpandas.net/forum/thread-13.html and you should be able to make a new post as a guest to test out and see what I'm talking about

Steps taken to fix: 
Removed all formatting from original post.
The text isn't invisible, its just white. Text color is carried over with copy-paste. Try a different editor style (Templates & Style > *your theme* > MyCode Syle), one with dark color will work best.
(2015-10-04, 04:57 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]The text isn't invisible, its just white. Text color is carried over with copy-paste. Try a different editor style (Templates & Style > *your theme* > MyCode Syle), one with dark color will work best.

I see the option, however none of them have a dark style. Is there a way I can download more or a CSS/jscript file I can edit? The path it says they're located at does not exist.
File:
forum/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/mybb.css
Line:
Selector:
.sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea
Rule:
background

Change the value to #000 or a a darker shade of gray.
(2015-10-04, 05:26 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]File:
Line:
Selector:
Rule:
background

Worked perfectly, now however the regular text is too dark to see within that box. Where would I be able to change that at?

Edit: People smarter than me just got on and said "Well why don't we change the text colour to blue"? .. Everything is working fine now, thanks for your help!
(2015-10-04, 05:36 PM)starfan28 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-04, 05:26 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]File:
Line:
Selector:
Rule:
background

Worked perfectly, now however the regular text is too dark to see within that box. Where would I be able to change that at?

File:
forum/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.mybb.css
Line:
Selector:
html, body, p,code:before, table
Rule:
color

Change to #FFF or a darker shade of white. Custom colors should still work but the text color for everything that doesn't have a color tag should be white.