MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2.0 has posticon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
L O L
(2015-10-08, 07:52 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a difference between "liking", "adding reputation", or "rating" a thread?

you see, if you dont link them together you dont see the big picture Toungue

if you like a post you should add to a person's reputation; liking a post is post specific only at the moment?

if you rate a thread positively you should add to the reputation, if you like a thread you should add to the thread rating as well.

WP pods is their custom thread field and post template system, that allow relational linking like this
(2015-10-08, 07:52 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather choice a better prefix system (if that is possible) than wasting resources adding post icons. Thread prefixes serve post icons purpose already.
Precisely what I was thinking. Post icons have become irrelevant with the Thread Prefix option.

(2015-10-08, 07:52 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a difference between "liking", "adding reputation", or "rating" a thread?
The like system is pretty minimal from what I understand, at least for now. It doesn't really serve much as an general idea of a user's posting reputation (unless that will be implemented, similar to XenForo, which has a status/detail "Likes Received").

As for the thread rating, it just gives an idea of how well liked the particular thread is (if a rating even exists) and if anyone bothers to actually rate the thread they just read. If a thread rating is to continue to exist in MyBB 2.0, I think thread ratings it should be disabled in the forum view, but when you're reading the thread itself, then you can rate the thread (if forum permissions allow of course). It will at least force users to actually view the thread and ratings won't be cheapened by drive-by ratings, where people could potentially rate a thread without actually viewing it. That's just my opinion though.
(2015-10-13, 09:12 PM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]The like system is pretty minimal from what I understand, at least for now. It doesn't really serve much as an general idea of a user's posting reputation (unless that will be implemented, similar to XenForo, which has a status/detail "Likes Received").

It is very similar to XenForo's system. If you've ever used or seen my SimpleLikes plugin in action, it operates in the same way. Users have a count of the total likes given and received by them, as do individual posts.
Pages: 1 2 3