MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: McAfee Site Advisor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting...

Whenever I come to this site, it shows it as red (bad site).

It says:
McAfee Wrote:In our tests, we found downloads on this site that some people consider adware, spyware, or other unwanted programs.

And it says again:
McAfee Wrote:Messenger Plus! 3 & Sponsor (MsgPlusLive-400.exe) installed the following programs on our PC:

Swizzor trojan
A download from MyBB?!

Just thought that was very interesting (and funny because it's obviously not true)...
Yep... McAfee is wrong
If you register an account with them (free) you can write a review of MyBB and out them right. If enough people do that they will look into it more.

As far as I am aware, the only connection between MyBB and Messenger Plus! is that msgplus.net use MyBB for their forum.
Is Messenger Plus a trojan?
I suggest checking it with paid software they are more reliable but from what I have nothing has been found lately.
gauss Wrote:Is Messenger Plus a trojan?

Absolutely not. Messenger Plus is extremely safe to use.
gauss Wrote:Is Messenger Plus a trojan?

No. It is "ad sponsored" but what 90% fail to realize is that it's optional, meaning you have the option of not installing the sponsor program during installation. (ok well maybe not 90%, but you get the point)