MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about the cache folder.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As far as I'm aware the default theme uses theme1 for the cache. If you have uninstalled themes from the site and you never reinstalled the default theme (for some reason), it should be safe to remove any theme cache folder besides theme1. If you remove the wrong cache directory mybb will regenerate it as long as the parent directory is writable.
(2015-10-05, 08:32 AM)Moises Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-05, 07:50 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm aware the default theme uses theme1 for the cache. If you have uninstalled themes from the site and you never reinstalled the default theme (for some reason), it should be safe to remove any theme cache folder besides theme1. If you remove the wrong cache directory mybb will regenerate it as long as the parent directory is writable.

My forum is still migrating. Once the dns propagation is done, I'll remove all except theme1 and report back.

Make sure to back up the directory in case you happen to delete one which is still being used by your forum.
(2015-10-05, 10:53 AM)Moises Wrote: [ -> ]After deleting theme2-theme9, I still see the other theme in the Admin CP. Is that normal?

The theme itself is not stored in those directories. You will have to delete them from the admin panel.
(2015-10-05, 10:58 AM)Moises Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Anyways, the reason why I changed hosts is that, whenever I try to make a change to the theme, it doesn't manifest right away. I just moved host, and it's still happening. My mind is really about to explode. What should I do?

MyBB templates are stored in the database which means that your host's configuration shouldn't affect this. Are you using memcached or redis by any chance?
(2015-10-05, 11:03 AM)Moises Wrote: [ -> ]Not really sure what those mean. What I did was installed MyBB from Softaculous. I'm pretty sure I did not touch anything memcached/redis.

By the way, I just want you to know that I also have another MyBB forum. And the changes there are instant the minute you press F5. But in this one it isn't. The difference was that on my other one I installed via uploading the files on FTP. I'm not sure if that matters though.

Can you post your inc/config.php file with the database information, and everything else that is sensible, removed?