MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to win $100? MyBB Theming Contest is here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MyBB Fans is proud to introduce a new contest: MyBB 1.2 Theming Contest. We have prizes ranging from $10 to $100 for the best themes that are made.

Even if you are not a themer, you can contribute to the contest by submitting feedback and comments to the individual themers. Remember in the end these themes will be used by you so make an impact while you can Smile

See http://www.mybbfans.com/community/contest-4.html for information on participating.
This is your chance to get more themes into MyBB!!! DrPoodle.com is sponsoring the $50 second place prize...and if that's not enough Chris Boulton has a $100 FIRST prize!!!

Get going!
Nice, this is the sort of thing that will get people to go to MyBBFans. Smile
Make sure those themes are only releasable at MyBBFans and it will get even more members. Big Grin

I won't be entering this one, I'm just horrible. Wink
Well it's not purely a "thing" to get more people onto our site, but we want to see more themes out there. It has been pointed out many times that there are a lack of themes and mods here, and we want to see that change. And now we have $210USD total prize money as incentive for people to start showing off what they can do Smile
There are many positive things to come out of this, I failed to point them all out. Sad

Hopefully people who have never attempted to theme before will try, who knows, they may be great. Smile Lots of good things. Lots and lots.
* Ryan Loos licks his lips.
Tasty things.
* Dennis Tsang points finger at rh1n0

Start theming :>
I can hand out blank .php files. Big Grin
I'd win for sure, everyone would use their imagination and it would be whatever they wanted it to be... and then I'd win!

Really though, not gonna enter, I've got school and junk starting Monday. Looking forward to the other entries though. Smile
Sad I guess April-June wasn't the best time for the contest since that's when most people finish school. I guess we could extend the deadline at the end if people do complain about the end of the contest conflicting with exams Sad
Unfortunately, I'm not good at images and stuff, so I wouldn't be any good at creating a theme...though I look forward to seeing what others come up with!
judel Wrote:Unfortunately, I'm not good at images and stuff, so I wouldn't be any good at creating a theme...though I look forward to seeing what others come up with!
If you're only lacking on the image side of things you could ask the judges if you and a friend could work on the theme together and perhaps split the money or whatever agreement you come to. I'm sure you can find someone who is graphically good but maybe not so good with coding. Wink
This someone would not be me. Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4