MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the prefix in the Thread title on the NAVBAR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-10-11, 06:14 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]its not made to suit the default theme, it just doesnt take into consideration that users would actually use html in the code...

It's quite the opposite, it actually takes that into consideration because as you can see here (in the default theme) the prefix HTML is used only on white/gray backgrounds and not used only on the blue .thead... Blue and white are quite different colors, if you ask me, and you should also be able to see that because the default theme uses blue link font on white backgrounds and white font on blue backgrounds.

Now try to add for instance a red font prefix (or even worse, a blue font prefix) and notice how it looks on white/gray, how on blue and then you should (hopefully) finally understand why .theads don't use prefix styling by default.
EDIT: and in case you still don't get why matching colors is important:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30186...r-is-known
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18558...color?rq=1
Ok can we agree to disagree? So where in the script can I change it, in which files please

FYI, as you can see in the other guy's examples, the FONT will be based on the background of the prefixes? No one is putting blue font on a blue background

And if you do a RED background, you can style the font, or have a BLUE background and still style the fonts...

NOT sure what the problem is, since we have styling on background as well as font, because its using FULL html

The color palette is up to the designer NOT the coder sorry LOL
Quote:$thread['threadprefix'] = '';

$thread['displayprefix'] = '';

ok, in case anyone is following LOL 

In showthread template, change from thread['threadprefix'] to thread['displayprefix']variable and you have a nice rendered prefix

[Image: 5ovPPih.jpg]

you wont need the second edit if you dont use bootstrap

add_breadcrumb('[ '.$thread['threadprefix'].'] '.$thread['subject'], get_thread_link($thread['tid']));

why is there a space straight after thread['threadprefix'] ? and how can i get rid of it?

thanks
Pages: 1 2