MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Table restoration (InnoDB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My website host(NFO) don't support restoration of databases containing InnoDB tables. So I lost all my post and and groups and other things I made. Is there any way that I can restore them? I still have my phpmyadmin files and the mybb files, but I doubt that will actually allow me to restore any work. I was told that InnoDB tables easily corrupt, so they aren't able to restore the. Also can someone tell me how to set up MyISAM since they told me im able to back up using it.
You could always import the backup on a local MySQL server, change the storage mechanism to MyISAM and export it again.
(2015-10-06, 06:28 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You could always import the backup on a local MySQL server, change the storage mechanism to MyISAM and export it again.

how do I do that?
bump.
You'll need to install MySQL locally. Probably using something like XAMPP since you've probably not done so before. Then import your database to the local install. Then convert the table engines. Then export the DB again.
(2015-10-10, 07:46 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to install MySQL locally. Probably using something like XAMPP since you've probably not done so before. Then import your database to the local install. Then convert the table engines. Then export the DB again.

I know your super busy to answer in great detail, but I am a massive noob so I have no clue what your saying. Thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge.
Install xampp: https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

Import the database copy. Use phpmyadmin to change the table engines. Export the edited db. Import to forum.