MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 Internal Server Error when trying to access plugins page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

When I try to access the Plugins page in ACP it brings me to a page saying this:[Image: 2qMe8SG.png]
I'm using the latest version of MyBB (1.8.6).
I do not have any plugins because I can't access the plugins page lol.
And not sure if this matters, but I'm using Google Chrome.

How can I fix this?  Huh

Thanks! Big Grin
are you using a free web host ? you can try removing hello.php file from the plugins folder (~/inc/plugins)
(2015-10-06, 04:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you using a free web host ? you can try removing hello.php file from the plugins folder (~/inc/plugins)

That worked thank you!!

Now this is probably a silly question, but how do I install a plugin? Lol
first I'd suggest to see plugins page loading related issue here

for the plugins installation see Installing Plugins guidance

basically plugin files are to be added to inc/plugins folder of MyBB files server.
if plugin consists of single php file then that is the simple method. but plugin might
consist of several files. in that case we have to follow folder structure of plugin files.
this can be confusing at sometimes as plugin coders may not follow unified method to
pack their plugin files. readme file if exists with plugin can consist of the instructions

after adding the plugin files you have to visit admin panel >> configuration >> plugins
page to install & activate newly added plugin. then proceed to configuration >> settings
page to find the settings related to newly added plugin and setup the plugin settings.

youtube has some videos to help (you can search for MyBB plugins installation)
(2015-10-06, 05:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]first I'd suggest to see plugins page loading related issue here

for the plugins installation  see Installing Plugins guidance

basically plugin files are to be added to inc/plugins folder of MyBB files server.
if plugin consists of single php file then that is the simple method. but plugin might
consist of several files. in that case we have to follow folder structure of plugin files.
this can be confusing at sometimes as plugin coders may not follow unified method to
pack their plugin files. readme file if exists with plugin can consist of the instructions

after adding the plugin files you have to visit admin panel >> configuration >> plugins
page to install & activate newly added plugin. then proceed to configuration >> settings
page to find the settings related to newly added plugin and setup the plugin settings.

youtube has some videos to help (you can search for MyBB plugins installation)
Awesome, thank you! Smile