MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Vienna Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone,

The Vienna Forums:

The unnofficial Windows Vienna discussion, support and news forum for the next version of windows.

http://theviennaforums.org
Cool never heard of Windows Vienna but the forum looks good
Windows: the floater that wont flush >.>

sorry if your eating
Nice skin there.

I have to argue the point of discussing the next version of windows, when vista is out and still isn't stable enough to warrant buying. I'm not linux-crazy or anything like it, but I do have first hand experience with bleeding-edge "injuries".

Iff'n you know what I mean.

* The Wicked Flea kicks MiNT for the mental image!
The Wicked Flea Wrote:I have to argue the point of discussing the next version of windows, when vista is out and still isn't stable enough to warrant buying. I'm not linux-crazy or anything like it, but I do have first hand experience with bleeding-edge "injuries".
It isn't? I'm using it now and haven't had any problems other than some graphics card drivers problems (which are fixed now anyway).
Well, I'm talking about the platform as a whole. Tests show that multithreading in XP is better, especially with multiple cores, than on Vista. While Vista requires a whole new level of programming changes that are inconvenient at best. Worse yet, backwards compatibility isn't so great -- my Dad just got a laptop with Vista recently and has had roughly 20% of the XP applications simply refuse to run.

When widespread acceptance of Vista is of yet questionable, why bother discussing Vienna? That's my only point.
Its still worth discussing Wink
The Wicked Flea Wrote:Nice skin there.

I have to argue the point of discussing the next version of windows, when vista is out and still isn't stable enough to warrant buying. I'm not linux-crazy or anything like it, but I do have first hand experience with bleeding-edge "injuries".

I had nothing go wrong with my vista. Only drivers which was fixed. Nothing is wrong with it. I hate it when people say it isn't good.
I am using Vista since it came out in jan and it's pretty good. I like the speed, organizations.. everything! and there must be a reason it's selling more than XP did.

There's nothing wrong with discussing vienna either. and before you say the post is off-topic, the forum is good enough. Try changing the on/off icons on the board.