MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Date mismatch in Google Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

About one month back I upgraded my mybb 1.6 forum to 1.8. From that upgrade, I see a time and date mismatch between mybb thread and the thread displayed in Google SERP.

For eg. a thread posted last night (10 hours ago), but while searching for the thread title in Google it shows the thread is posted 5 days ago.

what will be the cause for the mismatch ?
You realize that Google and other spiders aren't on your site 24/7, right? Check the Spiders / Bots page in ACP to see when the last time Google visited your site. Also remember that Google may be in a different time zone, but this would not explain being off by multiple days.
(2015-10-07, 07:05 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]You realize that Google and other spiders aren't on your site 24/7, right? Check the Spiders / Bots page in ACP to see when the last time Google visited your site. Also remember that Google may be in a different time zone, but this would not explain being off by multiple days.

The OP is talking about the date shown next to the search result in Google.
Hi Laie

I agree, but a difference of more than 24 hours is quite abnormal, checked my server time and it matches with my timezone.

Still wondering what makes the difference