MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Loving MyBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would also like to say thanks for mybb. I had one guy get on my forum and asked me to make him a forum just like mine.
I have to add that I too am so far impressed with what I see. I am a recent convert from phpbb3 due to issues which seem to not being resolved at the moment.
Seems like an easy system to manage, and pretty user friendly. I'm still trying to get my head around all the different templates involved, but I'm sure that will come in time.
I had a while back planned on waiting for 1.4 to be released and then play around with it some to see what I thought, but now I'm glad I just went ahead and made the switch.
Now all I gotta do is try to actually attract some members!
I even remember saying over @ the admin zone that I had no use for the calender function, but I'm already putting that to good use.
So, thanks for all the work and effort!
phpbb3 vs mybb1.2

I do agree phpBB3 might be better...but phpBB3 vs MyBB1.4

Mybb gonna rock big time! Big Grin
I might switch over to MyBB again soon, maybe when MyBB 1.4 comes out (then I'll use the Merge tool).

I might be able to switch to the current MyBB but I have to make the theme first.

Newman Wrote:LOL HE"S ON PHPBB3 NOW LOL SAD..
Why are you commenting on a year old thread?
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just add to this one.

This is the best forum software I have ever used, and I have used a lot of them. It's so easy to use and the plug-in's are fantastic.

Thank you very much.
mungy Wrote:Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just add to this one.

This is the best forum software I have ever used, and I have used a lot of them. It's so easy to use and the plug-in's are fantastic.

Thank you very much.

Hello mungy,

It is nice that you like the MYBBoard software, we hope you have fun with you copy of MYBBoard.
mungy Wrote:Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just add to this one.

Thank you very much.

That's nice of you to post in this thread. Smile Plus, welcome to the MyBB Forums!
Shaythong Wrote:I might switch over to MyBB again soon, maybe when MyBB 1.4 comes out (then I'll use the Merge tool).

I might be able to switch to the current MyBB but I have to make the theme first.

Newman Wrote:LOL HE"S ON PHPBB3 NOW LOL SAD..
Why are you commenting on a year old thread?

He brings up a intresting point though...Why? Trust me i am no fanboy but i can tell you that PHPBB 3 is a MAJOR step back from mybb 1.2. Mybb 1.2 = More features, better security, and MOST OF ALL it is alot FASTER and more server friendly!!! And yes i have ran both side by side.
Each bulletin board has its own pros and cons Smile There's no one-size-fits-all solution.
Well I just switched back to MyBB. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3