MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does imitating VB help MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It just seems to me that often users want their mybb to be an imitation of VB. I am thoroughly puzzled when users want the template that looks like the VB default install for their MyBB forums. I will admit that when I grabbed onto mybb it was because it was as close as I could get to VB but how close is too close?

So I ask...is it good or bad? Does being considered a VB clone help or hurt? Would MyBB do better if it stood out more on it's own the way SMF has done. They have certainly not attempted to look or feel like other forum software and imho that's one reason people flock to it.

Any opinions?
I think mybb should be a VB clone yet have different features then VB.
rcpalace Wrote:I think mybb should be a VB clone yet have different features then VB.

What? Those are opposites.... That makes no sense >.<
VERY bad, It really hurts Mybb's popularity, IMO clones don't last long.
I think they should copy come features but the drop down menus are cool.. But not the one where it drops down a to edit your profile and all that other userless stuff called "Quick Links"
rcpalace Wrote:I think mybb should be a VB clone yet have different features then VB.

So basically the same but different. Rolleyes
personaly i think the vb menu is better. But the mybb forum is free, good support and a lot of option. Maybe its better to add some special things (mods >> ideas) and change the menu, but mybb is much better!
Tikitiki Wrote:

labrocca Wrote:

Sorry I was in a rush. What I meant was It should be a VB clone only in some features.

WoW. That was really nice said. You just contradicted yourself. If it was a clone it would have the same features >.>
rcpalace Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

labrocca Wrote:

Sorry I was in a rush. What I meant was It should be a VB clone only in some features.
I agree whoo a lot of boxes!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5