MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] 1.8 Stop Forum Spam blocking all registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which spam options do you have enabled? That specific string is only used if:

1) The hidden captcha image is enabled and the hidden field contains some content

OR

2) You have the register time limit set, but the register time field wasn't on the page - either due to JavaScript not being enabled or a bug in the theme.

Are you by any chance using a 1.6 theme? If so, this is a common issue with incorrect theme upgrades.
(2015-10-10, 08:30 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Which spam options do you have enabled? That specific string is only used if:

1) The hidden captcha image is enabled and the hidden field contains some content

OR

2) You have the register time limit set, but the register time field wasn't on the page - either due to JavaScript not being enabled or a bug in the theme.

Are you by any chance using a 1.6 theme? If so, this is a common issue with incorrect theme upgrades.

To all moderators and staff, I'd like to apologize for this grave digging but I recently have had the same issue with my board. I've figured out somewhat of a fix. People are just too damn fast at registering for the board.

Change the default 15 second registration wait to 0, or a lower number in general, such as 3-5. I have it set that the board will send the password, therefore its quite fast to register for my forums.

Once again, sorry for grave digging but this solved my problem. I hope it solves his.
Pages: 1 2