MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] 1.8 Stop Forum Spam blocking all registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SOLVED - see my last post for solution here

I would appreciate urgent help with this. Registrations are the lifeblood of my forum (an RPG game); We just had a huge advertising contest and are missing out on a lot of incoming traffic. Any help to fix this registration issue is appreciated. 

--------

Forum: 1.8.5

I've changed the settings in Stop Forum Spam as much as I'm able to prevent ANY blocking of users, and still every attempt to register results in an error. I'm not sure if it is actually Stop-Forum Spam or if it's something else, but it's really frustrating. I've already had a few people contact me outside of the forum requesting to be registered because it's blocking everyone. 

Quote:Our systems detect that you may be a spammer and therefore you have been denied registration. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the Administrator.

I have changed ALL of the settings in Stop Forum Spam settings to "No" 

Any suggestions?
If you are in Asia, there is a good chance that Stop Forum Spam will give you trouble than help. If your internet service provider is giving your a dynamic IP, better restart the modem and try again.
Nope to both of those. 

I'm in the US and have have the same IP I've had for the past 2 years (at least that long, if not longer). If it were just my IP, I could understand it's blocking me .... but it's blocking everyone from registering.
Are you using Cloudflare?
I don't even know what Cloudflare is, so I suppose not.
I was just blocked by StopForumSpam on a forum, my IP is dedicated and I have been using it for over 4 years. My email is hosted under my domain which isn't involved in any spam. I think its StopForumSpam, not you.
Still unsolved. The problem is ALL registrations being blocked - not just me.
Turn StopForumSpam off in that case if it's causing you problems.
Try disabling the hidden captcha... this has worked for many related issues.

AdminCP > Configuration > Settings > Login and Registration Options > Display a hidden CAPTCHA > No
Quote:Turn StopForumSpam off in that case if it's causing you problems.

I believe I had already done that by selecting "No" on "Check Registrations Against StopForumSpam.com?" Is there another option to turn it off? 

Quote:Try disabling the hidden captcha... this has worked for many related issues. 

AdminCP > Configuration > Settings > Login and Registration Options > Display a hidden CAPTCHA > No

Already did that and still no luck. 

SOLUTION:

Member Templates > Register > Revert Template

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!
Pages: 1 2