MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How effective is using a responsive theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering MyBB and mods are not designed to be responsive, how effective will be using a Responsive Theme on 1.8 ?
I mean if you take the time to make everything fluid and responsive, it would work out great. I've only made one theme using a responsive theme and it's very nice imo.

I've tried to use bootstrap but it's just not very good with MyBB. I've experienced that editing MyBB's default theme to be responsive is better than using bootstrap.
Thanks for the info Sparkks. I was trying to know if we simply buy a Responsive theme, does that make the forum Responsive ?
Oh yes. There are a couple prebuilt responsive themes for MyBB 1.8. If it states that it's responsive, it's most likely responsive.

Let me find you a couple responsive themes for MyBB 1.8:

[FREE] MyBBPro - multicolor & Responsive
[$30] FlatOne - Responsive MyBB Theme (My Favorite)
[$30] MODERN - FULLY RESPONSIVE FOR MYBB 1.8 (Just found this one.. looks very nice!)
responsive themes reduce the overhead for an admin, imho. rather than trying to use this theme for users using a desktop and that theme for users using their ipad or mobile phone, just have 1 built that automatically scales to size depending on the screen resolution of the device being used.

if you're willing to pay for a theme, contact leefish. she's built 2 responsive themes for me and I've been working with her for probably at least 5+ years.