MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing default URLs to Readable URLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Default url for forums is something like: Site/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 but I've seen some MyBB forums with urls like: Site/fourm/Forum-Introductions

For threads, default is: Site/forum/showthread.php?tid=27 there is" Site/forum/Thread-Thank-you

Google-SEO plugin used to do that I heard, but it was meant for older version of MyBB. Is there any new plugin or method to achieve the same? or if we can modify the Google-SEO to be compatible with 1.8.6.

Thnx
https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO

Google SEO works for MyBB 1.8. I'm currently using the above plugin on my forum.

EDIT: don't be confused about Google SEO's version number. That plugin's version is 1.6.*
This is NOT the MyBB's version it works on.
Thanks for prompt reply,

I replaced the plugin files with the latest link you provided and enabled it.
In MySQL database, it created a table (pref_google_seo) and is adding user friendly URLs in it it when I visit a thread/forum. But it does not display it in the url and in url its same tid=blabla.

Am I missing something?
Have you enabled it and gone through the settings?

[Image: xMWwKEB.png]

You also want to follow the instructions in the plugins page:

[Image: 9jmnG8U.png]
Thank you very much Sparkks,
I did not apply some settings there and also skipped the part where I had to copy paste code in htaccess file.

Thanks once again, all working now.
No problem bpt!

Enjoy your day! If you need anymore help, please come back and ask the MyBB community!
I always asked community regarding my way around with MyBB. Love the community and love the software.