MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having trouble installing with domain.com hosting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I connect to FTP is see two directories one called "stats" and the other called "public_html". Obviously it's not the stats directory so process of elimination and I tried to install the contents of the folder "Install" into the "public_html" directory. After the installation, when I tried to go on www.example.com/install , it gave me this error:

[Image: a3828bdab09213a0b21f3dbddf5ede07.png]
Thanks for the help!
Have you uploaded the contents of the /Upload directory to public_html/, or just the contents of Install directory? Remove hello.php in inc/plugins/ directory, looks like it can cause these issues on some servers. If it doesn't help please copy/paste the contents of your htaccess file.
use the other internet explorer programs.
(2015-10-09, 09:56 PM)utku618 Wrote: [ -> ]use the other internet explorer programs.

[Image: T48haaTOpZ.png]

It's not a browser problem. That won't change anything.

@arentzos - Check the server error logs for information (look for "Error Logs" or "Apache Logs" or similar), and paste anything that looks like it might be related to the errorĀ here.
(2015-10-09, 12:58 AM)arentzos Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install the contents of the folder "Install" into the "public_html" directory.

You have to upload all files and folders from the Upload directory from the full release package, not only install. http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/