MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some help with the CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help here as I am new to theming.

I am trying to change the size of the sub headers, it work successfully on the board index, but not in the forum index. I have tried editing the CSS of td.tcat, editing forumdisplay_threadlist or any other means I know of. However, the size remains the same.

Can anyone please shed some light onto this? I would gladly appreciate all help. Thanks. Smile
Make a smaller graphic tcat2.gif and add td.tcat2 to the additional css using the same string in td.tcat, but change the url(etc to the new graphic. Then rename the tcat in the forum threadlist etc, to tcat2.

There can be up to 7 tcat's in the one template to cover the span etc. You will need to change them all. Wink

PS: rating has it's own template, you will need to change that to tcat2 also, if you are going to change them all. Wink

You will probaly have to remove also, the cellspacing and cellpadding variables, and make cellspacing="1", and cellpadding=2 or 3 to complete the affect. Sad
Thank you for your help, I will try it now and see if it works.

Thanks!
What's your site? What are you trying to change exactly? A css sub-header change should work on all pages if you correctly used css. Make sure you refresh pages. Also consider sending no-cache headers (editable in admincp settings). Some browsers cache css.
It worked when I set spacing: 0; and padding: 0;, guess it had something to do with the cell padding and spacing.

I was trying to change the part where it says Thread, Author, Views, Replies, Ratings and Last Post.

Thank you for all your help.
labrocca Wrote:A css sub-header change should work on all pages if you correctly used css.

In some it doesn't, because of the $cellpadding $cellspacing vars, and the parsing of url's in some tcat's and not others. that makes the tcat's vary in height. Wink
Kwek Wrote:It worked when I set spacing: 0; and padding: 0;, guess it had something to do with the cell padding and spacing.

I was trying to change the part where it says Thread, Author, Views, Replies, Ratings and Last Post.

Thank you for all your help.

You're welcome.. Wink