MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Promotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are some good ways to promote one's Forum? What's worked for you?

Thanks,

Lyman
Word of mouth seems to work the best but usually if your forum offers something great then usually it can attract many visitors.
You can put it in the directories and topsites such as www.mybbfans.com/community/directory.php
DennisTT Wrote:You can put it in the directories and topsites such as www.mybbfans.com/community/directory.php

Thanks Dennis!

Lyman
mostly word of mouth and forum contests.. i've known to work in the past for me
But then what would be the best way to get word of mouth?
You can't really control word of mouth, all you can do is throw the word out there and hope it makes a buzz enough. Forum contests (As said above) usually creates a buzz because there is something to gain from it. If you hold contests from time to time, peoples will stick around to see what is the next one. (that is all theory Big Grin)
Snake_Doc Wrote:You can't really control word of mouth, all you can do is throw the word out there and hope it makes a buzz enough. Forum contests (As said above) usually creates a buzz because there is something to gain from it. If you hold contests from time to time, peoples will stick around to see what is the next one. (that is all theory Big Grin)

First of all, thanks to everyone for your replies - much appreciated.

>(that is all theory)

LOL! Thanks, needed the laugh...been one of those days!

Best,

Lyman
I did the marketing for my forums for 12 months. But slowly it started getting the word out. And now I don't have to make links but people like to share the forum with their friends and writes reviews on their blogs.

This helps me a lot for my links and getting new members from it.
Search engines are spreading the word for me Toungue Since I have the TUBE V mod I made; when users embed videos on youtube it shows that it has been linked to my website. Thus 10% of users come from youtube. Try it. I submitted my site to yahoo google and msn search. Now 40% of users come from Google and 42% come from Yahoo and 1.something% come from msn and so on. It all ads up.
Pages: 1 2