MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Account Switcher Problems - Account List not directing correctly, can't switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I just found Doyle's account switcher and installed version 2.0 on my 1.8 forum. However, I can't seem to get anything other than the actual link-up process working. I successfully linked two accounts, but when I try to look at the account list it directs me to a "cannot be found" page on the blog on my home domain (losteventidestudios.com) and doesn't even direct me to a page in my forum folder (losteventidestudios.com/immersion/) at all let alone the right one.

In addition, when I click to change accounts, whether it is clicking accounts in the header or using a post dropdown, nothing happens. The page doesn't move or anything. The only thing that does work is if I retroactively change an author after a post is posted.

None of my javascript error notifiers are going off, so I'm not sure what could possibly be wrong? It's on a custom skin if that matters, but everything got added automatically when I installed.

In addition, image links in the AdminCP next to the account switcher settings go to my blog page even though they direct to a .jpg image?

When I am on my Administrator account (which I linked my other account to) I can go to my profile and change to my other account fine, but I cannot change back to the Administrator account.

EDIT: Okay, I just found what the issue might be, and that's because for some reason the link to as_script.min.js?v=2008 is returning as a 404 error even though it is in the correct directory?

EDIT: Tried re-installing from the source in the mod database here rather than on the private website and after doing so all my theme images ended up breaking and any javascript stopped working. Uninstalled plugin to try and fix that. Ended up just doing a fresh install.
Bumping this up. Tried installing on a fresh install with no other plugins installed (but still with a custom skin). Upon installing and activating again all images were broken and the accountlist page redirected to a cannot be found. So not sure what's going on. I could not fix the broken images until I reverted to the backup I had right before installing.
Just for a preface, I'm not overly familiar with Doyle's Account Switcher. I've never actually used it or even installed it. So I may not be the best one to try and help... but I'm going to try anyway.

In your headerinclude template do you have:
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

If not, add that line in and see if it works/helps. I'll admit that I don't know if it'll help for certain, but it can't hurt to try it if nothing else.

For the images, this may have nothing to do with it at all and I may be guessing, but what are the CHMod permissions for the folder they're stored in? (If they're not set to 777 try setting them to that and see if that makes a difference.)
Ha, it's always amusing to find people across different forums xD

Anyways, as I mentioned on the D', you were correct about it being a permissions problem. For the purpose of people being able to get a solid answer out of this thread if they have a similar issue:

All the files were being uploaded with the 770 permission rather than the appropriate 755 for folders/644 for files. The reason all the images were broken was also related to the permission. I was silly and didn't even think to check the permissions.

So! Thank you again for suggesting that because it completely solved the problem!