MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Is The Best But What Do You Think Of Other Softwares Ranking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
No. If you are serious about your community, it's nothing. If you're just going to do something for fun, then that's alot.
eXaulz Wrote:No. If you are serious about your community, it's nothing. If you're just going to do something for fun, then that's alot.

Well, I am serious about my community and didn't buy vBulletin or IPB. MyBB beats IPB and is so close to beating vBulletin.

Why would I buy vBulletin when in a few releases of MyBB vBulletin users will be converting? It just doesn't make sence.

MyBB brings new meaning to the word 'free'. Someone at phpBB said vBulletin and IPB had more features then the free softwares.

Well MyBB is changing that. It may not be better then vBulletin now, but in a few releases I know it will be better. Wink
Even if I had that much money on vb, I would rather get a stable webhost and just use whatever free resources I may have. You also have to remember, the creator of MyBB is going to a TAFE (some sort of higher end schooling) and doesn't always have the time to work with mybb. Thats pretty amazing compared to vb personel who really have nothing else to do but work with vb (Since they are getting paid for it).

If Chris finishes his schooling, I'd say, MyBB will become even greater than most of the BBS out there by a mile.
Cory Wrote:Even if I had that much money on vb, I would rather get a stable webhost and just use whatever free resources I may have.

Me too Smile

Cory Wrote:If Chris finishes his schooling, I'd say, MyBB will become even greater than most of the BBS out there by a mile.

That's correct, investment of time is also a factor with MyBB. But still it's unbelievably good.
asdf1248 Wrote:tell us why not vBulletin[/i]
Just take a quick look at the code and you'll be able to answer your own question.Smile
Michael_C Wrote:
Just take a quick look at the code and you'll be able to answer your own question.Smile

May I anwser that? Thanks! Well they leave jokes around the code. As in "Netscape Is Netape"... Ok. Rolleyes

The code is bloated and they have a file for every single line of code... Almost at least.

It uses way too much Javascript. I take it not many vBulletin users are on 56K... Correct?

vBulletin is one of the big '3' but that dosn't mean you should buy it. Can anyone explain what people hit their head on to buy vBulletin? I can!

Joel Wrote:
Michael_C Wrote:

May I anwser that? Thanks! Well they leave jokes around the code. As in "Netscape Is Netape"... Ok. Rolleyes

The code is bloated and they have a file for every single line of code... Almost at least.

It uses way too much Javascript. I take it not many vBulletin users are on 56K... Correct?

vBulletin is one of the big '3' but that dosn't mean you should buy it. Can anyone explain what people hit their head on to buy vBulletin? I can!
Again, can you please lay off the "what did you hit your head on to buy vBulletin for..." comments? Why does it matter to you? Are you them? No, you aren't. Did you buy vBulletin? No, you didn't. So there is no reason for you to make fun and/or ridicule those who did buy vBulletin. Like MyBB, vBulletin is for some people, but not all people. People use it for different reasons. Believe it or not, some people actually like the fact that vBulletin is packed with features. So stop with these rude comments. Just because people use a certain BBS is no reason for foul behavior.
Joel Wrote:
eXaulz Wrote:No. If you are serious about your community, it's nothing. If you're just going to do something for fun, then that's alot.

Well, I am serious about my community and didn't buy vBulletin or IPB. MyBB beats IPB and is so close to beating vBulletin.

Why would I buy vBulletin when in a few releases of MyBB vBulletin users will be converting? It just doesn't make sence.

MyBB brings new meaning to the word 'free'. Someone at phpBB said vBulletin and IPB had more features then the free softwares.

Well MyBB is changing that. It may not be better then vBulletin now, but in a few releases I know it will be better. Wink

It just doesn't fit into your head, huh?

What's up with you with your I Hate Anything That Isn't MyBB Or Isn't Associated With MyBB thing?

Edit: drygnfyre is a very, very smart man. :p
Ok you all think I have not used vBulletin. Right? Well thats not true. I have bought a vBulletin license before. I sold it.

Believe it or not I had a big forum once. When I was 26 I had a forum with over 42,000 posts and 300 members. I think thats big.

Tech geeks complained it was getting slow and the pages took forever to load. It was hosted on a deticated server...

I even bought 300 bucks worth of new hardware. My co-admins got fed up with not being able to get the admin log in to load.

Theres my story. After all it sounded like you thought I never used vBulletin before. Too bad I didnt get my money back.

Well you see I have bought and used vBulletin before. I dont get it. Maybe people have the same problem just dont complain?

If your wondering this was a stock installation. I closed the forum after 1 year and 6 months. We all agreed on it.

Now you see why I dont like vBulletin. I dont have many members now but MyBB is not slow at all. Simple as that!

Maybe you had some doodooey hosting? <_<
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20