MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add bots spiders??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to add bots spiders??
yahoo.. etc??
AdminCP > Configuration > Left hand side Spiders / Bots > Add new bot.
Please note that this will only allow MyBB to recognize spiders; if you want a spider to crawl your site, you must submit your URL to it.
(2015-10-12, 03:09 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that this will only allow MyBB to recognize spiders; if you want a spider to crawl your site, you must submit your URL to it.

Mmmmmm maybe I read the question wrong.
@sarisop, your instructions will add these to the list of recognized bots. When the bot visits your forum, the name of the bot will show up in the "Who's Online" list instead of counting towards the "guests". I thought maybe the OP also wanted to get bots to crawl their site.
(2015-10-13, 07:41 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]@sarisop, your instructions will add these to the list of recognized bots. When the bot visits your forum, the name of the bot will show up in the "Who's Online" list instead of counting towards the "guests". I thought maybe the OP also wanted to get bots to crawl their site.

Yes I know the difference, I just thought he wanted to add them to the on-line list.

But all is well he now has both options to play with.  Smile