MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin System for 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm guessing since 2.0 is a total revamp, the plugin system is getting a new skin, with maybe interfaces, classes and autoload.

Have you guys worked on that already? Can you spill some tea about that? Or maybe give us examples of how you imagine it would work?

Maybe now with all the experience, you guys got to know what plugins use the most (adding/removing templates, hooks, etc.).

P.S.: if there's a chance I could collaborate with you on 2.0 I would love that, just let me know.

Thank you  Smile
The plugin system is getting a revamp, yeah. We've discussed using Composer to manage plugins as one of the new feature. We do still plan to have an event/hook based system overall, but we haven't got too far into designing it.

If you're interested in helping, we're always happy to accept applications to join the dev team Wink
(2015-10-10, 02:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin system is getting a revamp, yeah. We've discussed using Composer to manage plugins as one of the new feature. We do still plan to have an event/hook based system overall, but we haven't got too far into designing it.

If you're interested in helping, we're always happy to accept applications to join the dev team Wink

I'm really glad to hear that. I will try to apply Smile
make sure the plugin system can hook into the mod CP too , without allowing mods into the ACP
Of course, it already can now in 1.8 as far as I know?
(2015-10-11, 11:45 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]make sure the plugin system can hook into the mod CP too , without allowing mods into the ACP

Why not allow a plugin to modify the ACP? A plugin should be free to add a section to the ACP for its own configuration.
That is not what he meant and yes it is possible in 1.8 and probably will be in 2.0 as well.