MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Age Restricted forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm looking to restrict the age of one of my forums. 

How would I go about do this? I've had a look around for some plugins that will do this job however I've had no luck.

Thanks!
Try: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=589

Restrict young users from viewing or posting threads with a certain prefix.

Description
- Makes users below a certain age unable to view threads with a certain prefix, depending on the forum.
- Makes users below a certain age unable to create threads with a certain prefix, depending on the forum.
- Age is calculated from birthday options. If these are not set in the user account, a prompt will show up in order to know whether the user wants to change his birthday.

Configuration options:
- IDs of prefixes that require a certain age. (Comma separated)
- Forum IDs in which this plugin is active
- Minimum age to view or post using prefix(es)
- A few language options
(2015-10-10, 11:02 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]Try: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=589

Restrict young users from viewing or posting threads with a certain prefix.

Description
- Makes users below a certain age unable to view threads with a certain prefix, depending on the forum.
- Makes users below a certain age unable to create threads with a certain prefix, depending on the forum.
- Age is calculated from birthday options. If these are not set in the user account, a prompt will show up in order to know whether the user wants to change his birthday.

Configuration options:
- IDs of prefixes that require a certain age. (Comma separated)
- Forum IDs in which this plugin is active
- Minimum age to view or post using prefix(es)
- A few language options

This is a good alternative, thanks!

However I'd prefer to block anybody who is under the certain age to not be able to see the contents of a forum, not just the contents of a post. Does anybody know if this is possible? If not, thanks Vanz for your alternative.
It works I use it on mine... I think you will like it