MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change size of welcome box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can i change the size of the welcome box? is there a setting i can simply alter or do i have to add code?
Bigger or smaller ? Wink
Um...you know that boxes can stretch <----------->

and also

^
|
|
|
|
|
V

What exactly were you trying to accomplish? There's a section in the Admin CP Theme editor for the welcome panel. You could probably set the width and height in there.
im looking to make the height more. where abouts in admin cp dennis?
ACP / Templates / Modify / Delete / "Your Template" / Expand / header_welcomeblock's....

And add some <br />'s in among the welcome and pm's etc.. As it appears there is NO welcomeblock template to edit. Sad

Must be in the Db... Wink
is there no way to change the amount of pixels?
There is NO welcomeblock template to edit for padding, cellspacing or anything else. Sad

It simply parses the welcomblocks.

MyBB unfortunately has some of its .css controlled by the Db.. (NOT! a good idea) Adding the <br />'s will open up the lines of text and make it bigger.

If you wan't to make the text bigger...? that's another issue. Wink
ok thanks for your help
Lopalong Wrote:There is NO welcomeblock template to edit for padding, cellspacing or anything else. Sad

It simply parses the welcomblocks.

MyBB unfortunately has some of its .css controlled by the Db.. (NOT! a good idea) Adding the <br />'s will open up the lines of text and make it bigger.

If you wan't to make the text bigger...? that's another issue. Wink

Yes there is templates to edit for welcomeblock.

header_welcomeblock_guest
header_welcomeblock_member
header_welcomeblock_member_admin

And fortunately mybb has it's css in the db for easy control. I don't understand why you don't think it's a good idea.

He can edit in the theme editor the welcome block very easily. In the theme editor is called the WELCOME PANEL and he can make all the custom changes he wants.  

If you aren't familiar with mybb and it's template/theme system you shouldn't make guesses and tell people incorrect information as if it's fact.
Ok so what can i add into this welcome block template to change the pixel size height?
Pages: 1 2