MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check Out MyBB Presentation (Profile)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I forgot to add 'Edit - Delete and 'Reply' to that design! In fact I forgot to add a couple of more feature that MyBB has on their current Profile page LOL!! I'd forget my head unless it was screwed on :shock: :horror:  Toungue *opps*

Yea, that's a good point about a Blog Smile The 'Comment' can be replaced by the "Blog". But I think the photo display needs to be made a little smaller and I don't know if three columns would allow enough space on the page for a Blog, the design could be reduced to two columns (Menu, Links, Contacts, Information and all that in the narrow left column, with Photo display and Blog in the wider right column. That might look good and possibly work better too for those viewing on a smaller screen resolution.

In the end! The idea is too keep it all 'simple'  and on the 'one page' without having to click through multiple pages overloaded features buried beneath one another. I feel that MyBB should always continue to maintain a 'simple' and very nice 'presentation' that is very user-friendly Smile

IPB snacks, get your IPB snacks *eeewww* Toungue
Believe me, I have had plenty of hands on experience with the brand spanking new IPB and to be honest IPB does have a lot of flaws with their latest version 2.2.x. Their profile page text wrap image display in the profile has major issues unless you redo the settings correctly and use a larger screen resolution. Problem: I think you cannot include large images in 'Recent Posts' on the Profile page because you can end up with major headaches. It's bad enough when the text wrap has issues and often the text and scroll-bar disappears. Other issues with IPB is their RTE editor, custom fields and a whole list of bugs (too many to list here) sorry but then again these are all minor bugs that don't interfere with the performance and stability of the app. Overall IPB is still one of the best community software and although it costs money it's worth it and without doubt there are literally tens of thousands of IPB boards are in use by many satisfied customers.

"Members Portal"? now that's a refreshing idea Smile

Does it look like IPB's Profile page? ah hmm urr... definitely no, obviously those who says it looks like IPB  haven't had a hands on good look at IPB profile, for a start there are no large photo displayed in the center with 4x mini-thumbnail gallery that I designed as an example of MyBB profile which is far more cleaner and simplified. Again it does not look like IPB because IPB uses Tabs/links and the 'recent posts' and the additional 'recent topics' whilst ok but including images within those post and topics can be a problem for obvious reasons puts more load times on the profile page and for lack of 'space' dealing with left/right scrollbars. Believe me, my design for MyBB is far more simplified and cleaner. Now think of what TylerGillen said, members can give out their "links to the own Portal Page" and that will encourage more traffic to your site Wink

There can be problems:
Unlike IPB design! 'The enhanced 'Recent Posts' feature will have to be able to convert all images into smaller 60x60 thumbnails views or convert images to links or not have images at all dispayed in profile 'recent posts'.  The text-wrap needs to be set correctly because of three problems 1: ugly left/right scroll-bars. 2: Can slow down page loading with too many large images for those using dial-up or slow connection. 3: Will add unnecessary extra load on the database.

-
Yea, I like that idea.
Oh! Someone had previously questioned if this is a working model?

The answer to that is taken from page one (my first post) Smile

Note:
The display is just a 'Gif image' and NOT a working model. The Gif image is primarily for display purposes only.

[Image: z_myBB_member_profile_sml.gif]
The above is a thumbnail link to a much larger full size image (187.kb gif) A sample of my idea for MyBB's Member's Profile page design (example/suggestion)

-
I think an advanced member profie wouldbe a terrific feature for MyBB
Pages: 1 2