MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BoardTracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to use boardtracker on myBB? Like install it on the sidebar?

http://www.boardtracker.com

Thanks.
The new version of BoardTracker fully supports myBB.
What do you mean by sidebar though?
I want to add the tag feature to my board, how do I do it? I have registered an account at boardtracker already.

Can I add the "tag cloud" to my sidebar too? Sidebar: http://www.ppvgeneral.info/forum

Thanks.
to add tagcloud to your board with BoardTracker you need to have two things:
1. Tags on your board
2. Your board in BoardTracker

Regarding (1) - We have developed a tag module for phpBB, VBulletin and invision, but haven't done one for myBB yet.
However, if you know basic coding, it is possible for you to add such to myBB quite easily. All you need is another "tags" row per thread in your database and a relatively simple code/interface to request the users to set the tags per thread, store it in the DB and show it when viewing tags. BoardTracker detects those tags when "reading" the threads and stores them then in the system. Later on, it is very simple to put a tag cloud on your pages (sidebar etc). This is done with a very simple one like on Javascript.
If you have the necessary coding skills, we will be happy to help in implementing such module for myBB and even publish it on BoardTracker for all other myBB owners to use.

As for (2), in order for BoardTracker to detect the tags, all it needs is to know of your board and have it in the system. That requires actually no work, but simply notify us that you wish your board to be added to the system.
We will begin deployment of the new version of BoardTracker in 3 days. We hope to finish the process within 2 weeks. By then we will be able to add your board to the system.

Let me know if there are any questions or if we can help with anything.
Best regards.
Very cool Smile
Nice, can't wait until something for myBB is out.
by the way... are there are myBB developers here who are willing (or eager Smile ) to work with us in developing BT mods/plugs for myBB?