MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload/Attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
A couple of my furum's users are experiencing an odd problem where when they log in they are given the message that they have been logged in, only to be reutnred to the generic homepage. By that I mean an index page that doesn't show their username, usercp, etc in the welcome pannel and and offers only the login and register links. To remedy the problem requires clicking onto another page. While I first suspected something with the user's cache, it seems I was incorrect as it was cleared and the problem prosisted.

Also, one user is having problem uploading attachments. She says that while the attachment seems to have gone through fine (staus bar/page reloads) the picture just doesn't show up in the attachments section. There's just nothing there. I and all other users can upload just fine.

The user is running is a PC with Windows and FF and IE. i have a Mac with Safari so I'm lost for any further troubleshooting..
Also, I just wondering if someone could tell me the intended prupsoe of the Daylight Savings time correction box under User CP >> Edit Options. When do you use it?

THANKS
quacktacular Wrote:Hi there,
A couple of my furum's users are experiencing an odd problem where when they log in they are given the message that they have been logged in, only to be reutnred to the generic homepage. By that I mean an index page that doesn't show their username, usercp, etc in the welcome pannel and and offers only the login and register links. To remedy the problem requires clicking onto another page. While I first suspected something with the user's cache, it seems I was incorrect as it was cleared and the problem prosisted.
I'm not sure what the problem is. Make sure your Cookie settings are set correctly ([Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)).
quacktacular Wrote:Also, one user is having problem uploading attachments. She says that while the attachment seems to have gone through fine (staus bar/page reloads) the picture just doesn't show up in the attachments section. There's just nothing there. I and all other users can upload just fine.

The user is running is a PC with Windows and FF and IE. i have a Mac with Safari so I'm lost for any further troubleshooting..
How big was this particular attachment (file size I mean)?

quacktacular Wrote:Also, I just wondering if someone could tell me the intended prupsoe of the Daylight Savings time correction box under User CP >> Edit Options. When do you use it?

If your region observes Daylight saving times then you should activate the setting when it starts.