MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating From 1.2.2 to 1.2.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to update from 1.2.2 to 1.2.5 but I am concerned about the install. My board is working fine at this time. I am not a progammer so if I have any problems I am screawed. My question is should updating cause any changes to the postings on my board or any custom changes I have made to the board.

Thanks
Cary York
They are basically easy updates. 1.2.3 is the most technical, since you must run the upgrade.php script. If you've made core file changes, make sure you have noted all of them, so that after you upload the changed files, you can go back in and add your modifications. That's what I did. As for the 1.2.4 and 1.2.5, there are only minor security changes. So once you get the 1.2.3 upgrade done, just upload the new files for the other updates (in the order of release). Then redo your modifications. Shouldn't take you very long!
caryjoeyork Wrote:I would like to update from 1.2.2 to 1.2.5 but I am concerned about the install. My board is working fine at this time. I am not a progammer so if I have any problems I am screawed. My question is should updating cause any changes to the postings on my board or any custom changes I have made to the board.

Thanks
Cary York

Hi,
You experience little or no problems in doing this smaller-sized upgrade. But remember, you should always backup your MySQL database before doing any upgrades just in case something happens.

Good luck! Smile
I would apply the changed-files attachment and run the upgrade from the 1.2.3 Announcement then do the security updates for 1.2.4 and 1.2.5