MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I get members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having trouble getting members and posters on my site. What can I do to increase its activity?

http://www.geekblab.com
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=18365

Place your forum in the search engines

Try to get the word out that you have a forum about _________.
Well creating this thread was a good idea Toungue No doubt some people will join because of it.
Kind of weird with the loading ""
I noticed that too. It's on all of my sites hosted by 1and1.com, and I don't know why.
I believe it happens from a edited file (global.php, or one of the language files)
Hmmm...

I wish you could elaborate..
It's been answered at least a dozen times. Why don't you do a search?
shadow82x Wrote:Kind of weird with the loading ""
This happens on my forum too and I've never figured out why...
Tikitiki Wrote:It's been answered at least a dozen times. Why don't you do a search?
Really?? Don't think I've ever seen one thread that addresses this (other than my own mention of it)...guess I'll have to look again! Though it would be kind of hard to search for that symbol, since I'm unable to type an upside down question mark. Maybe I'll try a copy and paste! Toungue

edit: that worked and brought up a few threads. I uploaded a fresh english.php file and that symbol hasn't happened the last few times I've loaded my forum. It even seems to be loading faster! We'll see if it was a permanent fix, even though I've never edited that file?? Go ahead and try that Gauss and see if you see a difference.
judel Wrote:Really?? Don't think I've ever seen one thread that addresses this (other than my own mention of it)...guess I'll have to look again! Though it would be kind of hard to search for that symbol, since I'm unable to type an upside down question mark. Maybe I'll try a copy and paste! Toungue

edit: that worked and brought up a few threads. I uploaded a fresh english.php file and that symbol hasn't happened the last few times I've loaded my forum. It even seems to be loading faster! We'll see if it was a permanent fix, even though I've never edited that file?? Go ahead and try that Gauss and see if you see a difference.

It happens when the file uploaded was corrupt for some reason or another, even if it's corrupt only a small portion
Pages: 1 2