MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The most stupid mistake ever...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ahem, i happened to do the most stupid mistake ever. I changed my own rights from admin to a usergroup that doesn't have admin rights.... Don't bash me, it just happened okey Toungue So is there any way to come around this? Noone has the admin rights to my forums now, so is it just to erase>start over? And hm, just for future use, is there any way to prevent these mistakes happen? Some option to fill that will make it impossible to erase that last admin etc..
Thanks a lot for the link! Sorry if this has been up like 300 times already.

admin rights erase mistake restore delete
Ok the sql question:

Quote:UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET caneditaperms ='yes' WHERE uid='1'

seemed to work fine, and my user is permitted, but it still doesnt work to login to the admin controlpanel? Should it work immediately? I'm thinking if it could have to do with that i'm not in the _usergroup_ admins, and therefore principally have the rights, but yet cannot log in to the admin control panel.
Do you get an error message when you log into the acp?
"You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.
Please login below." Confused
And you tried logging in again?
Yes. ...
Whats the uid of your account?
It says i'm uid 1 when i go mybb_users. I'm the creator of the board, first member...

Whaaa... this is really strange. I can't even change myself to a moderator. It seems all changes being done in the database doesnt affect the board at all. If i change the usergroup permissions (the one i'm in), to supermod, for example, i can't even edit threads..
Pages: 1 2