MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Excluding specific forum from Newposts/todays posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help.

I want to remove the NEWS forum from searches initiated by the 'view todays posts' & 'view new posts' links (search.php).

I have set permissions on all users not to be able to search the forum in question, but it doesnt help.

is there some magic php i can add to search.php (in those two functions) to exclude fid=9 or something?

Thanks
Have you edited the forum and set the "Forum searchable" option to "No"? I couldn't really tell from the description you gave in your post.

If it is set to "Yes" posts in that forum shouldn't be listed in any search at all.
DennisTT Wrote:Have you edited the forum and set the "Forum searchable" option to "No"?  I couldn't really tell from the description you gave in your post.

If it is set to "Yes" posts in that forum shouldn't be listed in any search at all.

Yes I have changed all users permissions to 'Search this forum = NO' (there is no option on the forum itself; only permissions per user/group).

Sad