MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb h1, h2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll say it again: h1/h2/etc. tags have very little impact on SEO. I really wouldn't waste my time on making such micro optimizations, instead I'd focus on building quality content.
Any SEO who sets about doing on page optimization will include an h1 tag on his page. Of course if you have poor content that is not ranking, then just adding an h1 tag is not going to make much difference to the performance of that page.
(2015-11-03, 04:11 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Any SEO who sets about doing on page optimization will include an h1 tag on his page. Of course if you have poor content that is not ranking, then just adding an h1 tag is not going to make much difference to the performance of that page.

Yes, but they'll put much more focus on having a correct meta description, having plenty of strong backlinks and having focused keywords. Using a decent title is a good first step, but I would't be going crazy about adding h2 tags and such everywhere.
(2015-11-03, 03:43 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-02, 07:21 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]One important principle is properly nest your headers. Use the proper header for the level, and don't choose it based on default presentation size. When you strip all other content, the header tags should form a proper outline.

what does this mean? 

I find h1 and h2 are always too big for posting.....you need them 3-4em to be really make sense.

for 1.5-2 em you might as well use bold or strong

thats for functionality, for SEO well thats different LOL

SO you shouldnt use this?

<h6>
<h1>

</h1>
</h6>

or
<h6></h6>
<h1></h1>

That means to use H1, H2, etc, but control the font size using CSS.
h1 {
    size: 2em;
}
h2 {
    size: 1.5em;
}
Have to agree with Euan T. Another case is that Google is looking different at forum, not just as it does with ordinary sites.
Keywords is the key, good backlinks and the most important not only for search engines but for users as well, the content,
After looking at googles saying over seo and forums, I'm not shore if meta tags is that important, but hey, can't do no harm.

H1, H2 and so on, is a way telling what the headings the important about the content is, well as do strong, not that effective, but telling where heading is, what the important part of the article is.

I would use more time making good content, and the rest will be a result of good content
Ignoring h1 would be a poor SEO practice, simply because it is a recommended guideline from Google at least. It makes sense to use it from a user perspective as well. Tell the user what the page is about with a simple heading. Time is not an issue, unless you are creating pages manually where you have to go and set the h1 contents all the time.
I'm not arguing that h1 ... h6 will increase your page rank, just that it improves semantic parsing.
And Bing:

[Image: image.jpg]
Pages: 1 2