MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Save forums for downgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologise if this is posted in the wrong section, please do move it if it isn't  in the appropriate section.

Currently we have MyBB 1.8 installed, but seeing that all the plugins we need aren't supported for version 1.8, we wanted to downgrade back to 1.6.

As we just set up the site directly using MyBB 1.8 we basically have no other option to remove it, and reinstall the older version.

Can we save all the Forums, threads and posts? The way it is setup (in forum management). And the Users&Groups that we have already set up?
Ifso, How do we do this, and how do we get it installed on MyBB 1.6?
(2015-10-12, 08:19 PM)forcehh Wrote: [ -> ]seeing that all the plugins we need aren't supported for version 1.8, we wanted to downgrade back to 1.6.
Official support for 1.6 has reached End Of Life this month; by using the 1.6 branch your forum, its users and their data will be vulnerable if a potential security issue comes up.
If plugins you are referring to were not updated for 1.8 it is very likely that they are abandoned and pose a threat as well.

A specific, unofficial downgrade script would have to be constructed in order to accomplish this - we are not aware of any.
What plugins do you specifically need ? More are upgraded than you might think. If you post a list of these plugins I might be able to help with which ones are available for 1.8.
I would say it's easier to update the plugins to support 1.8 rather than downgrade!