MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: None of my template or theme changes show up when not logged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Solved

Hi, I'm setting up my site on localhost. I've made a ton of template and theme changes which show up fine when logged in to any type of account, but when logged out my site looks like a default installation. Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

I'm using APC but disabling that doesn't the fix the problem.
Make sure that your edited theme is the site default theme - you can set any theme as default in the ACP.
There is only one theme, the default theme. Even if I "Force on users" nothing changes.

I made all my changes directly to the default theme and templates.
Try exporting your theme and importing it and setting it as the new site default.

I would advise you to NOT directly edit the mybb default; it is useful to have it for checking plugins install as expected or for checking against the custom theme for issues that may arise.
Thank you for the help so far, but that didn't fix it.

Edit: this was definitely working earlier, I don't know what happened. I've cycled on and off every setting in the optimization category. I don't know what else I can try.
try clearing all cookies?
I don't know what I did exactly, but after toggling through about every option I could think of the theme started displaying properly. Thanks again!