MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Doesn't let me install chmod error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I have trying to install myBB on my local Server (xampp) and it seems that this pops up every time I do it, http://prntscr.com/8qy1km it says that it doesn't have the permission to write file uploads directory, and the avatar uploads directory and after some research I just realized that Xampp doesn't need chmod. How can I solve this error?

Regards,
killer_x10
Since you are using XAMPP there is no need to worry about CHMOD (unfortunately..). Are you sure that you haven't deleted/renamed the directory? (uploads/ and uploads/avatars/)
(2015-10-13, 07:52 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are using XAMPP there is no need to worry about CHMOD (unfortunately..). Are you sure that you haven't deleted/renamed the directory? (uploads/ and uploads/avatars/)

I was thinking the same thing, since I am using Xampp I don't need anything but I didn't rename/deleted the Directory

The Problem no longer consists, I have tried reinstalling it and it worked, I am not sure what caused the error but it's fixed now and I'm happy.
I use XAMPP and use chmod 777 R direcory_name every time I add a file or folder.
(2015-10-13, 07:52 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are using XAMPP there is no need to worry about CHMOD (unfortunately..). Are you sure that you haven't deleted/renamed the directory? (uploads/ and uploads/avatars/)

You will still have to set the permissions under: 

Right click Folder > Properties > Security - then set file/folder permissions as necessary.
(2015-10-13, 10:41 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

You will still have to set the permissions under: 

Right click Folder > Properties > Security - then set file/folder permissions as necessary.

Indeed, you can set the permissions on Windows but it was more likely that the OP renamed the folder. Unless he was running XAMPP under a guest account the write privileges were granted, since the other folders had correct permissions I assumed that this isn't a conflict caused by XAMPP being installed on the OS partition.

I am not a huge fan of Windows' permission management but that's a whole other debate.
oops. I thought he was on Ubuntu.