MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Posts for certain forum only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to gather the recent posts from a certain forum only? If anyone knows how can you please post the code? (HTML & PHP if I need to modify both somehow.)

Basically what I want to do is make a box at the top of the forum showing the recent threads of a specific forum only. It would only show up on the index though.
In the first part you're talking about getting the last posts, in the second the latest threads =P Quite Confusing ^^

Here's a thing for showing the latest threads, Upload it into your inc/plugins/ folder and activate ...

Enter the FID of the forum that you want to display the latest threads of in the "Forum Home Options".

How much items you want to show is specified in the $max_limit variable, edit that if you want to show more or less items ...
Adding the amount of views, replies, lastpostinfo is possible, you just need to add them to the $thread variable, the variables for showing those items are already written. If you open the file you will notice that.

Edit ::

Made Both Of Them ...

Download : http://thingiej.be/showing.rar
Wow thank you very much for the help! But how do I make the threads show up at the top of the forum on the index? And it was latest threads Toungue Sorry for the confusion, I do that sometimes lol
Animal24 Wrote:Wow thank you very much for the help!  But how do I make the threads show up at the top of the forum on the index?  And it was latest threads Toungue  Sorry for the confusion, I do that sometimes lol

You just need to activate the plugin in your PluginManager and fill in the forumID in your 'Forum Home Settings", it will appear automatically =P No need to make template changes by yourself, the plugin does that =P
Nope, doesn't work for me...

Doesn't change my default MyBB or the current theme I have right now. I might do something right now though, trying to see if I can implement a part of this mod to a part of another Smile

What I want to do now is add another section to the "Overview" plugin so that it shows newest threads of a certain forum only. Dang.....but I guess it's harder than it looks... Sad
Animal24 Wrote:Nope, doesn't work for me...

Doesn't change my default MyBB or the current theme I have right now.  I might do something right now though, trying to see if I can implement a part of this mod to a part of another Smile

What I want to do now is add another section to the "Overview" plugin so that it shows newest threads of a certain forum only.  Dang.....but I guess it's harder than it looks... Sad

=/ Can you look into your "header" template and search for {$threads} ... And did you fill in your ForumID ?
It didn't have it in there but I just added it in and it worked! I think I might still use this Smile Seeing as how it'd be a.......female dog o_O......to get the other thing working right Toungue LOL

Edit: How can I change it's look?

I want to edit the table title so it says something different from "Latest threads of "forumnamehere".

I also want to change it's look to make it look just like the one I circled in the pic. How can I achieve this?