MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Detailed Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I mean is, IPB-like quotes, that detail the date time, and link to a post.

Maybe even the user field linking to the users profile...

Sorry if this has already been included, didn't show up on a search.
will be included in 1.4 (Except for the "Maybe even the user field linking to the users profile..." part)
Good. Smile
Hmm, I assume there would be an option to turn it off though, right? I personally dislike that feature.

Meh, MyBB 1.4 FTW!
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:Hmm, I assume there would be an option to turn it off though, right?  I personally dislike that feature.

Meh, MyBB 1.4 FTW!
I don't see a reason to dislike it, But I'm sure a plugin wizard can tweak it for you. Wink , I think a custom mycode can be used too for the simple quotes.

Too early to "talk" about it, though.
OverlordXenu Wrote:What I mean is, IPB-like quotes, that detail the date time, and link to a post.

Maybe even the user field linking to the users profile...

Sorry if this has already been included, didn't show up on a search.

That's clutter...why is it necessary? Are you sure this is going to be in 1.4?
Yup! Last item on the list: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/1.4.0

It's hardly clutter. It'll all be next to the "xxxxx said:" section. I'm only guessing but it might have this format:

"At 10:42 PM on 10/5/2007 DrPoodle Wrote:" and the time would probs be a link. At least that would be how I would do it.
It's not cluttered at all - just the date aligned to the right and a little image to take you back to the post next to the username. Actually, I think it's quite sleek. Cool