MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sending bug reports from the ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Developers MyBB Hello , I have a suggestion , you can add sending bug reports from the ACP , what do you know ?

Sorry for my bad English. It`s translator.
Yes very good idea!
I can't see this being feasible. Either it would need to submit a request to the MyBB servers which then posts the bug report to Github using a generic MyBB-controlled account, or you would need to generate and enter your Github API details into your config file. It's a lot easier and safer to create a bug report manually on Github or on the community forums.
Posting a thread here is a matter of several clicks more, I don't see any point of this feature. It would only possibly cause mess - people submitting reports in other languages, duplicates, spam, etc. without a way to punish them.
Additionally, some bugs might include SQL errors, which can disclose database details (e.g.: table prefixes) in some cases. Automatically submitting them anywhere probably isn't a great idea.
When you have a bad hair day, you go to your hairdresser and get it fixed. You don't ask the hairdresser to create a salon at your house to get it fixed for you whenever it's messed up.