MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.8 upgrade and traffic loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Euan and Sento

Thanks for your insights into my issue.

@ Euan, Yes, I tried re-enabling the Google SEO but it is not working with the default urls. It automatically changes to the SEO friendly scheme. Tried many changed variables in .htaccess but unfortunately not working. If you can suggest the correct .htaccess value to redirect SEO friendly urls to the old scheme, It will be great.

@Sento
No manual actions till now. I cant find any other good sitemap generator, except the one coming with Google SEO
Lets hope for the best
(2015-10-16, 05:15 AM)bijumk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan and Sento

@ Euan, Yes, I tried re-enabling the Google SEO but it is not working with the default urls. It automatically changes to the SEO friendly scheme. Tried many changed variables in .htaccess but unfortunately not working. If you can suggest the correct .htaccess value to redirect SEO friendly urls to the old scheme,  It will be great.

@Sento
No manual actions till now. I cant find any other good sitemap generator, except the one coming with Google SEO
Lets hope for the best

Hi, I don't think it can work that way. It can redirect old URLs to the friendly URLs, but not the other way around I don't think. Frostschutz would know more.
(2015-10-16, 05:15 AM)bijumk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Euan and Sento

@ Euan, Yes, I tried re-enabling the Google SEO but it is not working with the default urls. It automatically changes to the SEO friendly scheme. Tried many changed variables in .htaccess but unfortunately not working. If you can suggest the correct .htaccess value to redirect SEO friendly urls to the old scheme, It will be great.

@Sento
Lets hope for the best

You need an offline generator which can crawl your site. Something like http://gsitecrawler.com/ . Only use this after you have reenabled the old links. I think you are stuck with them unless its worth the risk of waiting it out.
Pages: 1 2