MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i tried to check & repair (if needed) my MyBB mysql database tables and i got this error

Quote:Repairing tables
myusername_myforum.mybb_threadviews
Error    : Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)
status   : Operation failed

Im not sure why its there while i see number of views next to threads on forums..

in phpmyadmin i click this table and i get error: #1017 - Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)

I found related thread, where someone advice to remake this table

http://community.mybb.com/thread-140663-...pid1063077

How can do it without loosing thread views counts? or should i just ignore this error or can it be put away?

PS: interesting is that there was at least 2 more people who got same issue & written about that.

Thx
No, unfortunately the error won't go away. The table is corrupted and mysql is probably not going to fix this on it's own. Your best bet is restoring a backup.

Sometimes the corrupted file will prevent you from creating a table in which case import the tables into a new database.

This problem isn't exclusive to MyBB, I get this on my dev machine running WordPress/MyBB and such - once a month, very randomly.

Make sure to contact your host if you don't have a backup, they will probably have one that is only a few days old.
i dropped that bad table and created new from my backup sql file. i see no error.
thank you