MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possibility of different section having different backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a possibility in MyBB 1.8 that different section have different background color.
I see there are lots of color options but is different section having different background color a possibility ?

I know in MyBB 1.6 it was possible, but is this possible in 1.8
Just posting again, so that anyone can see and reply.
Hope for the best.
Do you want to change the background color of posts in different subforums? Or the background color of the whole page in different subforums?
(2015-10-17, 06:59 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want to change the background color of posts in different subforums? Or the background color of the whole page in different subforums?

Complete background Smile
you mean on the index page you need the different category to have different backgrounds.. yes thats defenitely possible...

first add a new class for ex: "cat_{$forum['fid']}" for the table in the forumbit_depth1_cat template

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder cat_{$forum['fid']}">

then you can define the background for that css class and its subsequent trows in the css like below... here cat_1 refers to the category with fid1...

.cat_1 td.trow1 {
    background: #85CFE0;
}
(2015-10-18, 10:48 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]you mean on the index page you need the different category to have different backgrounds.. yes thats defenitely possible...

first add a new class dor ex: "cat_{$forum['fid']}" for the table in the forumbit_depth1_cat template

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder cat_{$forum['fid']}">

then you can define the background for that css class and its subsequent trows in the css like below... here cat_1 refers to the category with fid1...

.cat_1 td.trow1 {
    background: #85CFE0;
}

I will try it and update the thread, thanks a lot  Smile