MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People get PM when someone sends new msg to topics they subscribed by default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently a lot of people get that auto-PM in my forum

[Image: 0f3625f6-3c03-410c-5df9-51e753d3f5de.png...eWF6VvQ%3D]

What should I do to make these private messages stop ?
Individual users can disable this from UserCP > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode.
Yes but people get those messages even when its default. Its so weird.
If I understand you correctly, people who are not subscribed to the thread also get notifications?
Broken image, so no idea what the issue is.
Its " Do not subscribe " by default. User who reported this issue to me also have this option selected.

Also sometimes people get auto private messages of... wrong user.
That private message starts with username, users reported me them getting this auto private message, starting with another username.

In this image, can be seen my username is Duman but I got private message for another user named Ketolar.
and both Duman / or Ketolar did not set " I want private messages on subscription " in options

[Image: zYYm1R.jpg]
Users can subscribe to a thread on a thread to thread basis and opt for different notifications, although that doesn't make this problem any less strange. Are you using any plugins which might interfere?
My Active Plugins

- DVZ Mentions
- Google SEO
- MyAlerts
- Recent Threads
- Spoiler MyCode
- Thankyou/Like system

I asked in myAlerts thread, they said myAlerts does not send any private messages.
Yes I noticed people can subscribe on thread basis and pick I want to get private messages.
But I also got private messages for my name, in a thread I did not subscribed in that method.
and that first user who reported me definitely did not subscribed that thread to get 22 private messages for each message.

Only solution I can see from this situation is disabling private messages completely....
Can you post a link to your forum and details for a test account? It's definitely due to thread subscriptions. It could be that the rely template has them defaulting to being enabled.
Hi,

I've just tried the account you sent me. I've posted a reply to a thread to see if I get a subscription PM when it gets replied to.
Pages: 1 2