MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
admin email is not working on local host .... ihave changed it from admin dashboard but when contaacting and sending message it not coming
Are you using phpmail or SMTP? If you are using something like XAMPP you will have to do some additional configuration to make phpmail work, you are better off using SMTP with a gmail account.
(2015-10-16, 07:25 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using phpmail or SMTP? If you are using something like XAMPP you will have to do some additional configuration to make phpmail work, you are better off using SMTP with a gmail account.

what mybb uses i am using that only
MyBB use phpmail by default, switch to SMTP: Configuration > Mail Settings.
(2015-10-16, 11:58 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB use phpmail by default, switch to SMTP: Configuration > Mail Settings.

i did that and what to fill in smtp username and pasword
(2015-10-16, 12:03 PM)ishank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-16, 11:58 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB use phpmail by default, switch to SMTP: Configuration > Mail Settings.

Set up a gmail account or an email account on one of your existing domains.
(2015-10-16, 02:58 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-16, 12:03 PM)ishank Wrote: [ -> ]

Set up a gmail account or an email account on one of your existing domains.
can you tell me how and where
You can find many guides online for connecting to your gmail account via SMTP.

http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail...ttings.htm

Host: smtp.gmail.com
Username: your email
Password: your password
Port: 465
Encryption: SSL
(2015-10-16, 03:58 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]You can find many guides online for connecting to your gmail account via SMTP.

http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail...ttings.htm

Host: smtp.gmail.com
Username: your email
Password: your password
Port: 465
Encryption: SSL

done! thnks man