MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CDN problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings! We recently purchased a CDN from Amazon (hopefully to speed up our platform), but we have 1 problem. When a user uploads his avatar, it doesn't go through the CDN. It still loads the old avatar. Same thing when I update the theme. To put it simply, the data doesn't push over through the network. We use a subdomain as our cdn url.
Hi, how have you configured the CDN? Have you set the CDN path in the ACP?
my url is //cdn.1shotgg.com

my path is /var/******/html

* can't reveal my full path
So you have set the path? Any new avatar uploads should be saved there, but old avatars unfortunately won't be. You should manually move all existing uploads manually via FTP/SSH/whatever.
So wait, how does the path work? Is it baised on my vps filesystem or amazons s3 storage?
It's based on your file system path. It's designed to work with "pull" CDNs rather than "push". It doesn't currently have the ability to push to any other services (sorry, I missed the part where you mentioned S3). I do have a tutorial explaining how it's designed to be used, found here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-160349.html

It is possible to write a plugin to push content to S3 and other services, which I have done in the past (though I'm afraid it's not public - I might see if I can get it open sourced at some point).
Ok thank you. I need to make some configurations then.