MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guyz,
i want to change text of something so i go to file called: plugin.php and i found the text that i looking for and then i change it and thats stay the same :X i was trying to delete the file and thats still the same :O

i need help, im looking for it a few days...
pic:
[Image: 562255c62c93f.jpg]

thanks
Change text in the form of language, or style?
If you want to change eg "New Post", you should look in language.
If you want a different font, look at css
(2015-10-17, 02:18 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]Change text in the form of language, or style?
If you want to change eg "New Post", you should look in language.
If you want a different font, look at css

the point is that i cant find in the lang files, i only found it in the plugin.php and thats not work :\
i want to change the New Post to another text..
thanks
IF I remember wright, it's in global.lang
One way to do it, is to use ftp. open /inc/language/
Download the folder english. open it with eg. Notepad++, then I mean global.lang, and search for the text New Post, change it and save. Upload the file you changed to the server, and press ctrl+F5

If it is not in global.lang, well see in some of the other, but I think it was in global.lang
(2015-10-17, 02:34 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]IF I remember wright, it's in global.lang
One way to do it, is to use ftp. open /inc/language/
Download the folder english. open it with eg. Notepad++, then I mean global.lang, and search for the text New Post, change it and save. Upload the file you changed to the server, and press ctrl+F5

If it is not in global.lang, well see in some of the other, but I think it was in global.lang

i dont see there anything from the text...
thats a plugin(newpoints)
Don't think that plugin is using own language for that.......
So I guess the plugin is catching the "text" from core.

What do you want to change it to? A different language?
(2015-10-17, 03:01 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think that plugin is using own language for that.......
So I guess the plugin is catching the "text" from core.

What do you want to change it to? A different language?

yes, the text is in core -> lang -> plugin.php
i want to change it to heb, but i also try change to another words in english and thats not work
Anyone else who can help, I don't see any other solution than changing in language, and can't see that the plugin uses own language text to his/her problem.
I thought the solution was to translate core language in mybb, and that the plugin would catch it from there.

So I hope someone else can look at this.
(2015-10-17, 08:06 PM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else who can help, I don't see any other solution than changing in language, and can't see that the plugin uses own language text to his/her problem.
I thought the solution was to translate core language in mybb, and that the plugin would catch it from there.

So I hope someone else can look at this.

Nevermind, i appreciate that.
thanks anyway