MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need Alert System For 1.8 series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For old version, i was used a plugin called "MyAlerts" but now i am afraid to install this plugin because its not compatible with 1.8 series...
anyone help me?
i also want a username tagging system in post, e.g as like in facebook @username
Thanks for help
(2015-10-18, 01:00 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]MyAlerts is compatible with 1.8: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=518

Thanks, Please give a link for tagging plugin
I have been looking for a slicker alternative to the tagging plugins from the 1.6 series (which still works fine on 1.8x, BTW) and it seems this is a good combination:
  1. Install PluginLibrary as prerequisite for MyAlerts
  2. Install MyAlerts to provide for alerting
  3. Install DVZ Mentions for tagging functionality
  4. Install AutoMention for tag auto-complete functionality
The (1.6.x) plugin I'm currently using for tagging is from flash.tato and more information can be found here.  I also discovered there is a different tagging plugin I hadn't been aware of, which people say works fine if you edit the compatibility section for 1.8.x.

The one I use from flash.tato does not integrate with MyAlerts, but until today I didn't even know what MyAlerts was.  Now I will have to decide which method will be easier for my users.  I like the option for tagging to send a PM to the user, which can draw them back to the site before they might normally visit. and DVZ Mentions does not seem to do that.
(2015-10-18, 06:51 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking for a slicker alternative to the tagging plugins from the 1.6 series (which still works fine on 1.8x, BTW) and it seems this is a good combination:
  1. Install PluginLibrary as prerequisite for MyAlerts
  2. Install MyAlerts to provide for alerting
  3. Install DVZ Mentions for tagging functionality
  4. Install AutoMention for tag auto-complete functionality
The (1.6.x) plugin I'm currently using for tagging is from flash.tato and more information can be found here.  I also discovered there is a different tagging plugin I hadn't been aware of, which people say works fine if you edit the compatibility section for 1.8.x.

The one I use from flash.tato does not integrate with MyAlerts, but until today I didn't even know what MyAlerts was.  Now I will have to decide which method will be easier for my users.  I like the option for tagging to send a PM to the user, which can draw them back to the site before they might normally visit. and DVZ Mentions does not seem to do that.

Thank You So Much.!