MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.2.5 - How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know the correct (and best) procedure for upgrading from version 1.2.1 to 1.2.5.

Is there any best practice document or has anyone gone from that version to 1.2.5?

Any ideas are appreciated.
Because 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 had more than a few file changes I recommend you follow these instructions: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Tikitiki Wrote:Because 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 had more than a few file changes I recommend you follow these instructions: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Thanks Tikitiki,
That looks fairly easy so I will follow those instructions and get back with a comment on the progress.
ntskalman Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Because 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 had more than a few file changes I recommend you follow these instructions: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Thanks Tikitiki,
That looks fairly easy so I will follow those instructions and get back with a comment on the progress.

Just wanted to report a succesful upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.2.5. If it wasn't for my sh***y webhotel it would have been done much quicker. The upgrade script timed out due to lack of memory and network load on the webhotel.

Now it's done - Thanks!
Glad you got it done Smile

Feel free to post back if you need any more assistance or have any more questions.
i tried but i got this:
The board settings have been synchronised with the latest in MyBB.

0 new settings inserted along with 0 new setting groups.

To finalise the upgrade, please click next below to continue.

can someone help me?
Help you with what?.... What's wrong? That's not even an error message... That's exactly whats it supposed to do.....
Don't forget to upgrade MyBB 1.2.6.
Tikitiki Wrote:Help you with what?.... What's wrong? That's not even an error message... That's exactly whats it supposed to do.....

oops sorry forgot 2 things, Sad
with my question some other part,
and delete install directory,

but i deleted the install directory now, and now its working, sorry for your time and my stupid questions
And the error? Would you like me to guess whats not working....